Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Monday, September 13, 2010

Swim lessons

I've enrolled you in your first activity.  I'm really excited for you and hope you enjoy the swim lessons you'll be taking.  Of course I'll be in the water with you.  You are still too small to take the lessons by yourself.  You love water and you love splashing, especially when you're splashing me.

Our neighbor is going too and I know you two will have fun.  I think seeing the other kids play in the water will help ease any fears you may have with the lessons.  There is always some hesitation when starting something new.  You trust me, but you are still a very cautious person when I introduce you to something new.  I have confidence you will thrive with this new experience.

Three more weeks and we'll begin this new adventure.  I know there will be many like this, sports, clubs, teams, or however your interests guide you.  I will be there to give you that extra nudge and encourage you to do your best. 

I personally feel what you will learn from these swim lessons will help guide you for the rest of your life.  I'm not a great swimmer nor do I have any technical skills to teach you.  I'm sure there will be a time when you will be able to out swim me, and I look forward to that day.  For now, I will be your floatation device and let you cling to my shoulders while we bob in the water.  We'll blow bubbles and kick our feet, and I'm sure you'll laugh with excitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish