Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Dance Party

The kid had a dance party at school the other day.  I wish I could have been a fly on the wall for that day.  His classmates are 9 two year old kids, including himself.  Out of the 9 kids, only 1 is a girl. 

My kid loves parties.  Any kind of party.  I think the word party makes him giggle because his face turns goofy when I talk about a party. 

On that particular morning I mentioned his school will be having a dance party.  I could see his wheels spinning in his mind.  A Dance Party!  He has been a dancing fool lately, and we'll even take parts of our day and dance around the house.  Usually we'll hold hands and bounce in place, but he thinks it's hilarious. 

So the morning of the Dance Party at school, he and I are in the car on our way to school and he says to me: I goin to dance party (the AR said like a pirate) and goin to hold friends hands and dance!  He could not wait.

Inside the classroom he's looking around, and asking me where the dance party was.  He couldn't see anything and was curious about when the music was going to start playing.  I can only imagine how long he had to wait until they started dancing. 

Later in the day, when I went to pick him up, I heard the little girl, the only girl, in the classroom was just as excited for the dance party.  I heard she walked into the room declaring she was going to 'shake her booty'.  Her mother proceeded to explain to the teachers that when the little girl is at home, shaking her booty usually ends up with her clothes off too!  I'm sure there is a reason behind that but I couldn't help but laugh when I heard that story.  Especially since this little girl is the only girl with 8 other boys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish