Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Friday, August 13, 2010

If Chatty Kathy had a brother...

My son is almost 21 months.  Usually the week before, I notice a leap in his development.  This week, it's been his speech.  He talks constantly.  Lately he's been spitting out 3 word sentences.  He's grasping at words as if they've been a part of his vocabulary forever. 

It makes me stop and think when did this little guy show up?  Out of nowhere I am seeing the boy around the corner and the baby waving goodbye.  It breaks my heart, yet I am excited to see what our future holds. 

I cannot wait to hear his questions, the 'why' and 'why not'?  I'm no longer a Mama but now am a Mommy.  He knows how to wrap my heart around his little fingers.  He knows me so well, just like I know him.

I cannot wait to hear the stories he'll share.  Stories about school, camp, or about a birthday party with his friends.  Sports, clubs, teams, it will all be here before I know it. 

He speaks 3 word sentences today and he blows me away with his knowledge.  The world to him is sparkly and new, and I'd love to keep it that way for him... for a while at least.  So I'll do my best to paint his world in pretty colors.  I'll gasp and gaze with him when he spots that bird in the sky or that grey bus on the road.  Sharing these moments with him has made my days brighter and stronger.  I can't wait to hear what he'll tell me next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish