Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Monday, October 4, 2010

Disheveled

I'm feeling disheveled today and I'm not sure why.  I am hoping my vitamins help me feel balanced.  But I just took those and I'm sure it'll be a while before I feel better.  The vitamins are organic and probiotic, and I'm excited to feel the benefits.  I ordered them online and will post later once I have more to say about those.

I feel like a rag doll.  The clothes I picked to wear today feel old, worn, floppy.  It's just some linen/cotton pants with a sweater.  In fact, I rarely wear these particular clothes.  But now that I'm wearing them, maybe that's why I rarely wear them.  They make me feel ick.

A shopping spree would be nice.  Would be are key words here.  Most of my shopping sprees are saved for groceries and things needed for my 22 month old son.  I don't mind that my priorities fall in that direction, in fact, it's my choice for it to be that way. 

So I never, ever, okay not ever, give clothes away.  Sometimes I do, sometimes.  But mostly, if you were to look through my closet and storage, you will find clothes from 10 years ago.  There are clothes that I haven't worn in 10 years.  So why do I have them?  Because there are moments where I just can't bring myself to doing laundry (pathetic I know) and I find myself looking for pants or a top that I haven't even worn in I don't know how long.  Scary.

But I don't mind.  Nobody knows this.  Unless someone is reading this and may wonder the next time you see me, how old are those clothes?!  :)

I feel it's no different than shopping at a consignment store, or a yard sale.  Granted, I don't buy myself clothes at either of these stores for the simple fact, I have too many clothes already.

So today I will allow myself to feel disheveled.  I parked my car, scrubbed a few swipes of blush on my face (I rarely wear any makeup so this is the extent of what I would wear), rolled some lavender on my wrists and hoped for the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish