Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Doing the Gauntlet...

It's official.  We're 'doing' the Gauntlet.

What's the Gauntlet you ask?

Good question... =)  It's a term used quite frequently in our house, especially by my mouse-crazed husband.  Don't get me wrong, I love that he is a kid at heart.  But he could talk about Disney World all day.  Every day. 

Sometimes he does.

So we're due to 'do' the Gauntlet in 13 weeks.  Thirteen!  I need to now book the hotel and buy tickets, and oh maybe reserve a place for dinner.  But I hear we're going on the same weekend as Disney's Marathon weekend.  I actually wish I was in shape to run the half marathon that is schedule for that Saturday, but oh well.  I'll have to settle with running through all four parks and riding the rides instead =)

The last time I was at Disney, I was 8 weeks pregnant.  And let me tell you... life was not so welcoming while living in the first trimester.  But I did what I could and we took our time.

But not this time around.  We're going full steam ahead.  The snails are staying behind! 

I'm looking forward to this Gauntlet.  Have I mentioned exactly what our version of the Gauntlet is?  It's simple actually.  Fly down to Disney and just spend 2 nights and 1 full day... at all the parks.  Crazy, right?  I'll admit it, we're nuts.  But that's us.

Oh and the kid will actually have to sit this one out.  Maybe someday he'll run the Gauntlet with us.  But for now, this is our turn.  I'm sure I will need some serious pain medication afterwards, or I'll just chop my feet off.  We'll see. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish