Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Let the Countdown Begin!

I'm having a hard time focusing lately.  I completely forgot about my blog.  How does that even happen?  Sometimes I just read blogs and don't write, but lately, I haven't even been doing that.  Today I realized I've been consumed with our trip: The Gauntlet.

We'll be going soon.  Well, not that soon, but it's certainly soon enough!  I'll be sprinkling fairy dust soon and hopefully experiencing all the magic WDW has to offer.  If you've never been, I'm sorry... SO sorry...

It's a place that isn't for everyone though.  But to never have gone?  I just can't even imagine that's possible.  Everyone should take the time to experience the magic once.

My husband and I are traveling solo.  The kid is staying home.  Not alone of course.  We're not THAT mean.  He won't even realize that he's missing out on a fun time, but he'll have his chance soon.  =)  We're planning a fun, long week with him later next year.

So our January trip is booked.  We have the flights, the resort, and now we're working on the plan.  We usually travel on a whim, with a few ideas in mind of what we'd like to do.  Usually this works well for us and then make all the arrangements when we get to our destination.  But this trip is a little different.  2 nights and 1 day requires some planning ahead.  Which rides are we going to tackle?  Which order of the parks will we visit?  When are the Extra Magic Hours?  Will we eat?  If so, where!?? 

I'd like to have one really nice dinner.  I've been doing some research on where we'll be and what nice restaurants will be nearby.  I've narrowed it down to 2 and now I'm comparing the menus to see what atmosphere would suit us best. 

You may think the planning takes all the fun out of a vacation.  I can honestly say this hasn't happened to me yet.  Actually it never does, because I know once we arrive there will be obstacles.  There usually are when it comes to Disney.  I've had my fair share of burn-out moments, but when I reflect on my memories, it all brings a smile to my face and I can't wait to go back.

So I have my preliminary itinerary, but of course this could change as soon as we arrive.  Honestly, it won't matter how we do it, but it's always good to have a game plan. 

Let the countdown begin!

80 more days =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish