Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Friday, October 29, 2010

Book Nook: Bear Feels Sick

I've been trying to get some reading done, however I've reached a reader's block.  Is that a term people use?  Like saying writer's block? 

Anyways, I figured I would share one of the books my son loves, and well, so do I. 


We received this book about a year ago as a gift.  I'm still learning which books are popular with babies and toddlers.  We have a few personal preferences at home, but I've learned that when I'm shopping for a book for my kid, I really need to see the book in person before I bring it home to share. 

Some books are too wordy.  Some books have illustrations that aren't very colorful.  Some books are bold, while others books may have too many pages.  We like to read in our house, but we're kind of picky as to the book we intend to read.

Bear Feels Sick is such a sweet story.  The illustrations are very colorful and warm.  My son gravitates to this story and even plays along with the sound effects that I make when the bear coughs and sneezes and wheezes and moans. 

It's a cuddly book for us as we snuggle together under a blanket and read about the big Bear and how his friends help him get better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish