Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Soapy Business (1 of 5 Reviews)

I recently ordered 5 samples of soap from a shop and within a couple of days I received my samples.  The samples I chose were: Shea Butter Body Bar, Cocoa Butter Bar, Eucalyptus Body Bar, Honey Milk Body Bar, and Dead Sea Body Bar.  The samples were FREE, all I had to do was pay for the shipping & handling. 

So I placed my order on Monday and when I got home from work on Tuesday, the package was in my mailbox!  I was pleasantly surprised of how quickly it arrived.  I decided I need to use each of them on different days so I can figure out which type of bar I want to make, and because there are five bars, I want to keep a log about my thoughts.


First up: Shea Butter Body Bar
This appeals to me because this is the type of bar I have been looking to make, so I was wicked excited to jump in the shower this morning (dispite my new cold---thanks to J). 





Description (Provided by the seller):
Indulge in a fusion of aromas such as Vanilla, Spearmint, and Sweet Orange as you infuse your skin with deep moisture of Shea Butter. Designed to leave your skin glowing and silky-smooth.
Ingredients: Olive Oil, Palm Oil, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Avocado Oil, Castor Oil, Vitamin E, Essential Oil Blend


Sounds fancy, right?  I thought so, and I was ready to feel results.  The lather was medium thickness, more of a sudsy feel rather than bubbly.  I liked the way my skin felt slick while I was scrubbing with the bar.  It almost felt like my skin was thirsty and this soap was quenching it's thirst.  As I rinsed I started to feel squeeky clean.  I got nervous that my skin was going to tighten up and feel dry when I got out of the shower, but that never happened!  I didn't even need to put lotion on after my shower!  I felt clean.  WOW, what does that say for my old soap?  I have been using shower gel and a loofa for as long as I can remember.  I think I may need to make a switch to using natural soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish