Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Monday, January 11, 2010

Today, I feel blessed...


I heard some very terrible news today about a little girl who hasn't reached her 2nd birthday. Just a few days ago she was living her normal life with her family. Today, she is in the hospital undergoing many critical tests and blood trasfusions. There hasn't been an exact diagnosis but the doctors discovered a tumor on her liver and around her ovaries. My heart truely aches for this little girl and I don't even know her or her family. So I sent a gift that will hopefully help the family move through this horrible moment in their lives. I can only hope and pray that this little girl heals from all the little blessings she is receiving.

My heart aches and I realize how lucky I am to have a healthy child, but I'm so scared of what tomorrow may bring. I am greatful for so many things in my life and I'm very much appreciative of those who fill my heart. Some days do get hectic and we all go through our ups and downs. Today is a day where I will reflect on all that I have and truely appreciate the ones I love. Without them I know I wouldn't be who I am today.

Today, I hope everyone will take a moment to reflect on those in their lives and honestly believe that they are blessed.

Tonight, I will be going to bed sending positive, healthy thoughts to that little 1 year old girl laying in her hospital bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish