Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

2 more weeks!

Vacation is just around the corner... I can smell it!

Summer is in full steam and I had to buy a small calendar for everything that is going on.  My brain is getting fried with all the activity coming up!

How do families handle their schedules?  I cannot imagine what it's like with more kids, but I suppose refusing do to everything is necessary.  Although, right now, we're not doing everything!  We've had to say no to many other plans.  It's hard, but it's necessary.

I'm trying to keep my head on straight and not wish for everything to happen right now because then the summer will be over and I'll feel like I've missed it!

The one day at a time theory is nice.  In theory.  But it doesn't work for me.  Especially now with my kid.  I feel like I cannot wait to do everything we have in store for him!  He is 18 months old and is starting to understand our little world.  His memory is getting stronger and I'm sure he'll be excited for what's to come.

I suppose I'll fill him in as the time is near.  Maybe the night before.  We're planning part of our vacation with his grandparents, whom he adores, so I know he'll be excited to hear we'll be seeing them too.  Right now it's still early.  Although he asks for Bumpa almost every day.

How do you coordinate your vacations with the kids?  Do you let them help with the planning?  Or are they too young?  How does the transition go when you're away from home, but with Mom and Dad?

1 comment:

  1. Our kids have never had any problem being away from home with Mom and Dad.

    They don't help with planning but now that they are 3 and 5, they pack their own suitcases. We give them a picture list (so it would have a picture of a shirt and the number 3 if they need to pack 3 shirts). Of course we check that they got everything, but they LOVE doing the initial pack themselves.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish