Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Monday, June 7, 2010

Little Bee by Chris Cleave

Eleven chapters.  That's it!  But if you prefer short chapters this book may seem overwhelming.  Although it's not a hard read.  In fact, it's quite easy, traumatizing-ly easy. 

Chapter 2 had me in tears.

Chapter 4 gave me chills.  I had to put it down a week because the story was so vivid I needed more time to unwind before moving on.

Chris Cleave wrote an amazing story about two women. One from England, the other from Nigeria.  They met, under very unfortunate circumstances.  But they reconnect a couple years later and the story takes off from there. 

This book surprised me.  I like reading books that reach into my heart and take hold of something I didn't know existed. 

Like a hook in my heart, I could not let go of Little Bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish