Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dig-a-dig-dig

Approximately 36 inches long, 24 inches wide.  I have a small garden.  And it's mine! 

Grape tomatos, cucumbers, arugula, peas, chives... oh my!  It all fit into that tiny space.  And I'll have to show pics of the final garden soon.  I was too exhausted by the end of the day... and my hands were very dirty.

My husband (love him) does not eat veggies.  Or fruits.  So what I buy is usually eaten by me and the kid.  Although the kid has some days where he's not up to fruits or veggies.  But don't we all? 

I learned early in my relationship with my husband that he is who he is, and yes, I love him for being himself.  Why would I want him to change?  Especially for me? 

But he dug into the greenest part of our lawn.  Instead of tossing all that luscious green grass, we are trying to transplant it to a not-so-green-type-of-hole-in-our-yard... like a band aid. 

The kid tried to help.  But his little arms had a hard time controlling that humungo shovel.  My husbands delivering the good grass to the bad-holey-spot.

He's at the age where he'll help out whenever he can.  In fact, if we ask him not to help, he'll have a melt down.  So we let him help and encourage him with positive feedback.

Who can't resist the reward of a ride in the BIG wheel barrel?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish