Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Cigarettes and School Buses

I drive my 18 month old son to school every morning.  I've talked about how we look for school buses and how it's become a routine for us.  Lately I've noticed something a little peculiar about one particular school bus.

This particular bus always sits on the side of the road, every day at the same time.  Usually I don't see the driver.  Lately I have.  What I see kind of irks me, and this can be another item added to my week of bitterness.

It seems that before the driver starts her morning schedule, she has a cigarette break.  She is parked on the side of a busy road, stands outside the door and has her cigarette.  The vision disturbs me the more I see it happening. 

I suppose I should be glad she's not smoking IN the bus, or with kids IN the bus.  But maybe she shouldn't be sitting on the side of a busy street have her cigarette.  There are parking lots nearby that I'm sure she could pull into and have her 'break'.  What break??  Her morning routine with the kids hasn't even begun, it's only 7:30am!

The whole thing seems wrong to me and it's not because I don't smoke.  I know plenty of people that smoke.  But as a non smoking parent I must confess, I think there should be a rule about smoking on the side of the road outside of a school bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish