Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Friday, June 11, 2010

Vitamins

I have a multi-vitamin, biotin or B-complex, and even an Acai vitamin.  I try to take them.  Everyday.  They help me feel balanced.  But I lost my routine of taking vitamins.  I recently talked about my issues with routines, especially for myself.  But I find if I can get into a good system, my routines can stick.  But I'm not there right now. 

However, I do give my kid his vitamin everyday.  I never forget.  Except for this morning.  OOPS! 

He takes his vitamins every (almost) day and he doesn't mind the taste.  He's been taking the same vitamin since I brought him home from the hospital. 


As you can see the description indicates exclusively breastfed or partially breastfed babies and children are okay to take this vitamin.  J has stopped breastfeeding when he was 13 months old.

My kid is now 18 months old and I'm considering changing his vitamins considering he's going on 2 years old.  Wouldn't his little body require other nutrients?  This was a question I forgot to ask his doctor at his 18 month appt.  OOPS!

If my kid ate a well balanced diet, I wouldn't worry about the vitamins.  But he's a picky eater, especially with vegetables.  So I feel vitamins are important for him to take.

I've been doing a little research on what other mothers are using for their kids and I'm interested in what you give your kid(s).

Some alternative vitamins that I have heard about are:
Carlson's fish oil
Nordic Naturals fish oil
Nordic Berries
Animal Parade
Child Life Multi Vitamins and Minerals
Mightamins from Market America

So please share, what vitamins does your family use?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish