Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round...

It's 7:30am and J and I hop into the car.  It's our typical morning.  His lunch and diaper bag are packed and we're off to daycare.  I mention to him multiple times during the morning that we're going to school and that he's going to play with so-n-so today.  It will be fun, I reassure him.  He never gives me a hard time when going to daycare, but I still like to prepare him for where he's going.  He's there five days a week and has been going to the same daycare since he was 8 months old.

J is 17 months old and sometimes the routine isn't so much a routine.  But I try my best to keep the morning traditions every weekday morning.  So by 7:30am we're out the door and into the car.  I've made him a quarter of a bagel with some butter, cut into thin strips so he can get a few bites out of each piece.  He calls them baeh.

As I back out of the driveway I hand him his first piece of bagel.  He munches and smiles back at me showing those 7 teeth of his, bagel bits too.  We drive for fifteen minutes in the car, part of the drive is on the highway.  But during the fifteen minute drive to daycare, J and I play the bus game.  He lets me know every school bus he sees.  And let me tell you, he will sometimes see them WAY before I do.  I'm quite impressed with those eyes of his actually.  And I tell him.  I doubt he understands, he's 17 months of course, but I tell him I'm impressed anyways.

Sometimes we only see two buses, sometimes we see six.  This morning we saw seven!  J was so excited, I could feel him squirming in his car seat with excitement.  Sometimes he thinks a big van is a bus, but I correct him and he will agree and shake his head 'no' with me.

The ride to daycare usually ends up with J asking me to sing the bus song.  So there I am, with hand motions and all, singing The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round... ALL Through the Town.  Oh the sight some morning drivers must have of me as they pass by.  I giggle but I couldn't picture my morning any different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish