Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Monday, February 22, 2010

cutting hair Organically

I visited a local salon this weekend and got my hair cut.  It's been a YEAR since I've had my hair cut, so I don't have any ties with my previous salons.  But finding a good salon was important to me.  My hair was well below my shoulders and my son kept patting my hair as if I was the cat.  So it was time for a change.  It seems this has become a pattern for me and only have 1 real hair cut a year.  What a cost savings!  hehe

When I found Acorns and read about how everything about them is all organic, I couldn't have been more excited to support their business.  I'm not sure how popular these salons are around the country, but here in my neck of the woods this is the only place.  It's been open for over a year and they cannot keep up with business.  They've even had to expand and include mani/pedi options, and even a reki therapist.  It's comforting to see how many people want to make a difference.  Acorns is also affiliated with the Green Alliance which is small organization that helps promote green options at a discount rate.  When you join the Alliance for a small fee, you'll receive a card and also many benefits and discounts from the Green Alliance community.

In the end I had about 5-6 inches chopped off and all of that will be donated to Matter of TrustMatter of Trust is a company that collects hair clippings and uses it to help soak up oil spills.  I wish more salons donated like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish