Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Monday, February 1, 2010

Muppet Mayhem

I don't think I've mentioned this before, but I like the Muppets.  Okay... I love them.  Some people have asked me who they are and I actually feel like asking them, who are you??!  Where have you been, where did you grow up? 

The Muppets, according to my parents, were a show I immediately loved at 18 months old.  I grew up watching the show and loving each of the characters: Animal, Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Rowlf, Beaker, Bunsen Honeydew, and the Swedish Chef... just to name a few popular ones.  But the whole cast--Love 'em!  My favorite movies by The Muppets are 'The Muppets Take Manhattan' and 'The Muppet Family Christmas'.

So there has been discussion over the past year about a new movie coming out sometime in the near future.  This Muppet movie is not going to be like The Muppets' Wizard of Oz or Muppet Treasure Island.  I never had an interest in seeing those movies because the characters weren't themselves, they were playing other characters.  So the new movie that is being made now will have the same 'muppet-esque' feeling that the older Jim Hensen movies had.  I can't wait!

The new movie just got a name and was released over the weekend.  It's called 'The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made' and is being written by Jason Segel (can be seen in Forgetting Sarah Marshall or How I met your Mother) and directed by James Bobin (co-creator of HBO's flight of the Conchords).  There are no dates set for when this movie will be premiered, but I know I'll be marking my calendar when the dates are released... :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish