Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Dreaming of the past

It just occured to me that I had a dream last night about breast feeding my son.  It was a dream that captured the emotions that develop while breast feeding a baby and the responsibility of the schedule or the routine of pumping during my work day.

Last nights dream was short, but for some reason it popped back in my head just now.  I have no idea what triggered this moment but for some reason I'm now left feeling melancholy. 

My son and I have developed other bonding moments that replaced the feeding time before bed.  I definitely enjoy these moments and look forward to them every day.  I love putting J down for bed at night, and so does he.  But my dreams remind me of what we had together, and I am grateful to have these cherished memories.

In the hospital

Cuddling in the hospital

First week home


Two weeks old

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish