Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Friday, February 5, 2010

___ for granted.

I don't mean to take ____ for granted, but I do.

Pretty much anything can be filled in the blank.  I do remind myself every day to be thankful for this or that, and remember to say please and thank you. 

I walk by many people everyday and work in the same building but not even know their name or mutter anything more than 'hi' in passing.  Someone holds the door open for me, 'thanks' is what I say and keep walking.  We all have things on the back of our minds and it plays a huge part in how our attitude is throughout the day.  I try to remember this and when some fellow has a scowl on his face I wonder... did he not sleep well?  did he lose a family member?  is he sick?  As I type this, this really sounds like a strange thing to do, but it's something that I do.

This week has had many troubling news throughout the community.  Deaths and illnesses have been sweeping over the internet by people I know of and I find myself as a parent feeling very sad for these circumstances.  My heart has ached for these people, friends, and families and I am guilty for having so many blessings in my life.

So today I want to take a moment and list five things that I'm greatful for.  I know my list could be much longer but these are my top 5.

1~ I'm greatful to have a baby, and to have been able to carry him through 40 weeks of pregnancy is a blessing.  Not a moment passes when I think about him and feel so lucky.
2~ I'm greatful to have a husband who is so supportive and nurturing.  I never realized how strong my relationship was until we had our son.  "He is the cheese on my macaroni" :)
3~ I'm greatful for my health.  I've had a head cold lately, but my overall health is perfect. 
4~ I'm greatful for my parents.  Without their respect and unconditional love, I wouldn't have been able to have the confidence that I do today.  I can call them at a moments notice if I need them for anything... they'd be right there.
5~ I'm greatful to have a place I can call home.  It's a place where I feel safe and cannot imagine being anywhere else right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish