Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My not so hearty herb garden

I started my herb garden the first weekend of April.  I used potting soil and the special biodegradable pots specifically used for seeds.  I planted cinnamon, basil, oregano, and parsley.  I was excited to get them going and hoped to have something sprouting by the end of the month.



Well the month is almost over and I'm not seeing much progress.  I do water them almost every day and when it's nice out I make sure to set the pots outside so they can soak in the full sun.  I just don't know if there is something else I should be doing with these seeds.  Am I watering them too much?  Or should they be watered morning and night?  Sometimes I wonder if the seeds have floated to the top of the soil because this soil has a hard time absorbing the water. 

The other day I did see a small speckled of green sprout making it's way through the soil.  I was excited!  But that was a week ago.  I haven't seen anything else come up. 


If you look close enough, there is a small green sprout in the middle of this picture

What the heck is going on?  Or do I just need more patience?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish