Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Friday, April 16, 2010

Rainy day indoor fun with my toddler

We're expecting a few days of rainy weather in NH and I can only imagine what our weekend will be like.  Our son absolutely loves playing outside.  I may need to invest in some galoshes for J.  He has been known to stand by the front door and sob because he wants to go outside.


J loves frogs and I think these boots would be perfect for him.  I suppose it will be my project at some point this weekend.

I've been doing some other research on what fun activities I can do with J during the next couple of days.

I plan on making homemade finger paint.  I recently bought an extra container of corn starch, apparently I thought we needed more for baking.  Except I rarely bake and only needed baking soda and flour.  That's another story though. 

So I have a lot of corn starch at home and did a quick Google search and low and behold there were a ton of things you can do with corn starch.  One of them is making homemade finger paint!  The recipe also suggests using glycerin to make the paint shiny, but I don't think I'm going to have time to search for glycerin as I don't even know what it looks like or what department in the drug store I'd find it in.  Maybe if I have some time I'll go out in search of it because I think it would be fun to have shiny finger paint.

Decorate our own toddler pouch.
My toddler loves to put toys in anything that will hold them.  Our cupboards, closets, backpacks, pockets, trash can... anywhere.  I think J would like to decorate his own little pouch with crayons. 

Camp indoors!
If I feel very ambitious I'll drag out our small 4-man tent and set it up in the living room.  We recently bought J a junior sleeping bag and this could be a perfect time to play pretend camping.  Drag some pillows from the couch and a few of his favorite stuff animals and toy, I may even allow a snack inside the tent.  :)

March in a Parade
We don't have much pretend play clothes for J, but he loves wearing our shoes and hats.  I think letting him spend some time in our closets could make for a fun activity.  Once he's found the perfect outfit we'll march throughout the house like we're in a parade.

These are just some of my ideas and I may end up doing something else.  But I feel like I need a game plan for something to do when J starts acting up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish