Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Playdate with Hubby

This past Saturday my husband and I took advantage of a gift card (thanks to his boss) and we went out to dinner with some friends.  We scheduled dinner for 7:30 and tried to see a movie before hand.  Unfortunately the movie we wanted to see was sold out so my husband and I decided to do some shopping.  It has been a while since the two of us could saunter through the stores together and not feel rushed or restricted with a kid in the stroller.  J was spending the night with Nana so I'm sure he was equally happy. 


If you have a weakness for a good martini, Radici is the place to be.  I don't drink that often, but when in Rome, I did what the Romans were doing.  I ordered the Venetician with appetizers: Kettle One Vodka, Lemoncello, squeezed fresh lime with a splash of cranberry juice.  YUM.  And a glass of Melbac with dinner.  Dinner: Chicken Saltimbocca=Layered with proscuitto, fontina & sage.  Paired with grilled polenta & house vegetable.  Double YUM!  I honestly licked my plate clean!

(I'm drooling thinking about how delicious that night was and felt it was necessary to document my meal from that night here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish