Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Friday, April 23, 2010

No poo - Week 6

It's been six weeks since I started the no poo method.  I have been using the baking soda rinse and apple cider vinegar rinse every 3 days.  Things have been going well and my hair texture feels healthy and strong. 

This week I noticed I didn't need to use the rinse on the 3rd day.  My hair looks clean and feels soft.  It does feel weird not applying any product to my hair but I've enjoyed cutting my time in the shower.  Instead of using the rinse I massage my scalp in the shower as if I was washing my hair.  Giving my scalp a massage has been rinsing my hair from any excess oils.  Again, my hair is not looking oily.  What I do feel is a slight heaviness around the roots, as if I applied a mousse or gel for added volume or texture.  But when I look in the mirror my hair looks clean.

I took these pictures after going 3 days without using the rinse.  It looks a little scruffy because I had just come in from being outside with J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish