Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Waste Less Wednesday - Leftovers

Happy Wednesday!

This week seems to be dragging.  Or maybe it's slow because I'm not feeling well.  My little silly putty seems to bring home all sorts of goodies (aka: germs) from daycare.  Within five days I end up with whatever he had.  My mind has been in a fog and when I get home from work I can barely think about what to make for dinner.  You'd think I could find something in my fridge to munch on, if anything as a snack.  But I can't.

I rarely eat leftovers.  My intentions are good in that I do save leftovers, but they end up sitting in my fridge way too long.  If I don't eat the leftovers the next day, I won't eat them.  My mother tells me I'm just like my father because he doesn't eat leftovers either.

I know I should probably prepare meals in advance to help with the dinner routines during the week.  But my subconscious makes me think they are leftovers.  Sometimes I prep veggies in advance to help cut back on dinner times.  Sometimes I get in a funk that I can't get out.  This happens to be one of my funky times.

Needless to say, it's Wednesday which is trash day in my neighborhood.  The good ol' trash guy will be picking up my leftovers.  OH but now that I think about it, there may be a few dishes in my fridge that I forgot to clean out.  Yup, that's how it goes in my home.  It isn't until I see mold on something that I remember to toss something out.

On the flip side, I don't keep J's food more than two days.  He's inherited my inability to eat leftovers.  He will eat something twice but after that he turns his nose at the meal.  I guess I can't blame him, even though I try to encourage him to make an attempt.  I won't feel so guilty tossing good food.  I encourage him because I hope that maybe, someday, he will have the capability of stomaching leftovers. 

I do have a schedule in my Homemaker Notebook to toss any old food out from the fridge.  I even have it scheduled to wipe down the shelves in the fridge.  Maybe someday my habits will change.  My intentions are there.  For now, I suppose I should try and make smaller dinners so there won't be much left over.  One can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish