Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Friday, May 21, 2010

1st time on the potty

I was packing J's lunch for the day and getting ready to go to work when J finds me in the kitchen and starts babbling gah-gah down the hallway.  Typically gah-gah refers to his pacifier, but he only uses it when he's sleeping.  We don't encourage him to walk around with it during the day.  So when I hear him saying gah-gah I have no idea what he wants because he's standing there pointing down the hallway.  I asked him to show me what he needed and he walked straight into the bathroom and pointed to the toilet. 

That's a toilet honey, not a gah-gah.

Teh

Yeah, toilet.  Did you want to sit on it?

Yah!

Okay, you can sit on it (I put the lid down and set him on top of the lid)

He sat there so proudly and for a minute, I actually thought he was going potty.  After a few minutes of explaining what Mommy and Daddy do on there, I realized he was looking at me like a deer in headlights. 

So I said, Mommy and Daddy go stinky in here.

Eeeeooouuuuu!! (while waving his hand)

Yeah sweetie, peeuuuu!

It was the only way I thought about telling him.  It's also the way he tells us if he's gone poop.  I can't imagine he'll be potty trained any time soon, he's only 18 months old.  But today was the first day he showed an interest in sitting on the toilet!  Somehow, I'm really excited about that.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! How exciting the 1st time the potty is used. I wish you a fun happy potty training with your son!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish