Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Monday, May 17, 2010

Waiting for lunch

We went out to lunch yesterday and while we waited we had to occupy some of J's time.  The restaurant gave us a couple of crayons to help occupy his time.  But when coloring wasn't that interesting anymore (shocker!), we had to think of a few other things to do.

We sang songs.  Row Row, Baa Baa were the two that he wanted to hear.

We played I Spy.  Although, J played it more than we did.  He continued to remind us there was a Mickey on the wall, a horse hanging from the ceiling, and apparently someone in the restaurant reminded him of Nana.  But no, it wasn't Nana.

We gave HI-fives.  This is new to J so it was really fun for him to go back and forth with me and my husband.  We also like to buzz each other by touching our index finger with his.  I'm not sure how this game started but we've been doing it for as long as I can remember.

We took pictures to update our cell phone screen savers.  J loves cameras, and loves saying cheese to show off his 7 teeth that, for some reason, makes him very proud.


I don't know where he gets this goofy grin, but I love it... slimy with drool and all! 

So I'm curious, when you go out to eat as a family.  How do you occupy your time while waiting for your food to arrive?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish