Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Meet Up with the Girls

I was late, but that didn't bother me. 

I enjoy putting my kid to bed.  It's a ritual he and I love.  So I'm sure they'd understand.  It's not like they'd question me.  In fact, I wasn't the only one who was tardy.

It had been a wicked hot day and as the sun was setting it didn't seem to let up.  The air changed when I drove over the bridge to downtown.  The night air was cool.  Colder than I had anticipated.  The drastic change in weather put me in a good mood.  It was going to be a good night.

{pic}



Out of one hundred members, there were five of us meeting up.  I am starting to foresee some good friendships coming from this, and our bond is reassuring.  I'm surprised at how comfortable I am around them, even before having my glass of wine. 

We share stories.  We ask for advice.  We laugh.  And we even have tears in our eyes.  It was a night full of hidden treasures.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish