Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Thursday, May 6, 2010

No poo - Week 8

8 weeks have gone by.  This week has been a little humid so I've been using the BS rinse on the 3rd day instead of the 4th.  My hair feels okay.  Not great, but okay.

I have been reading up on some organic shampoos.  After using Aubrey's moisturizer and serum, I've been thinking about trying their shampoo and conditioner.  I don't necessarily feel I need to shampoo my hair, but I feel like my hair is lacking something.  It feels soft, but coarse.  But that doesn't sound right.  Maybe brittle is a better word?  Or frizzy?  I think the change in the humidity has changed the texture of my hair.  I can't think of what else to do, but try something with more conditioning.

I definitely feel like I'd fall under the texture category but I'm struggling with the concern.  Frizz or coarse?

Has anyone else have this issue?  I kind of feel like I would be abandoning the no poo method.  I don't want to sound like I am.  But I feel like my hair needs different help now and maybe the no poo method is inappropriate with the warmer weather.

My hair is generally straight.  Over the course of the past few years a wave has developed throughout my hair.  When my hair is short, like it is now (shoulder length), I tend to blow dry my hair because the waves don't look right with short hair.  When my hair was longer you couldn't notice the waves because my hair was so heavy it would pull most of the waves straight.

I've tried embracing the wave.  Really, I have.  But I just can't.  I don't know how to work it.  I've tried all sorts of products and techniques.  Nothing seems to fit.  So I feel like the waves that I do have are turning to frizz and I don't know how to cope with that.  Each strand looks straggly and not relaxed.  Stressed?

I feel like I'm over-analyzing but the shampoo I'm considering is quite expensive.  Do I splurge?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish