Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson


I purchased this book not realizing it was the young readers edition.  I'm actually glad I had this version as there were pictures throughout the book.  The story was also edited for a younger reader, but that didn't bother me.  In fact it made reading the story very colorful.  I haven't read the adult edition but I would imagine it is written just as well.

Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson is a remarkable story, dedicated to building schools for children in Pakistan and Afghanistan.  In turn, Greg believes educating these children will help end war.  The young readers edition includes an interview with Greg's daughter, who has been to Pakistan a handful of times and can speak first hand at what life is like for the children in Pakistan.  This edition also includes a time line of events that occurred throughout Greg's experience. 

If you haven't had the opportunity to learn more about Greg Mortenson and what he's committed his life to, I encourage you to pick up this book, or check out the organization Pennies for Peace.  Greg is a true hero and trooper in his commitment.  I think if we were all able to accomplish a quarter of what Greg has done, our world would be a different place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish