Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Stuck in a funk.

My mind is mush.  My mind is blank.  I'm in a funk.

There is usually something on my mind, the smallest detail.  But today, there is nothing in there.  The more I try to focus, the more empty I feel.

I took yesterday off from work.  J stayed home from daycare.  We had the day to ourselves.  The weather was gross, too rainy to think about going outside.

It was a mental health day.  We both needed it so much.  But it has left me feeling blah.  It's 9:15am and I have barely finished a cup of tea.  My first cup!  Usually I've started my third cup by now.

So today, I'm here, in my cubie at work.  I wonder.  Not about anything particular.  Well, yes, I guess I do.  I wonder how soon my day can end so I can go home with my silly putty.

5:00pm is just too far away.

I hope to get out during the lunch hour and take a much needed walk.  Maybe I'll feel refreshed and ready to move forward.  Maybe not? 

Do you ever have days like this?  What helps you get out of your funk? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish