Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Aahh Lilacs...


I love lilacs.  I actually forget how much I love their smell until they bloom again.  This week the lilacs have bloomed and I'm reminded how much I love summer.  Although it's not officially summer.  Lilacs remind of the summer heat and how potent their smell drifts through the warm breeze.


I grew up with lilacs in my parents yard.  It's one of the smells I took for granted.  Years later I'm reminded of those hot sticky summer days when the neighborhood kids played outside until the sun went down.  Nostalgia hits me hard this time of year and I think about adding a lilac bush in my yard.  There aren't too many things that can make me feel grounded.  Somehow when I smell lilacs, I feel like my roots have taken hold of my ankles and can shake me awake.  Make me realize what makes me tick.  Lilacs are powerful like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish