Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Monday, May 10, 2010

A Mother's Day weekend

My silly putty and I had so much fun this weekend.  I didn't want to go back to work today.  He's growing so fast and talking so much more.  His little babbles are starting to form actual words, and even though it takes me a while to recognize the word, I'm baffled at how much he can say.  He'll even request I sing a certain song for him.  His favorite?  Row Row Row Your Boat is his #1 request.  Next is the bus (BUH) song, aka:  The Wheels on the Bus.  After that is BUH BUH: or Baa Baa Black Sheep.  We sing other songs too but those three are constantly being requested.  And he will actually say to me:  Shon.  For a while I had no idea what that mean.  But his anxiety quickly showed me he was hoping to hear me sing a SONG.  And if Dada is around, watch out... J will turn into an orchestra conductor and request Dada or I sing.

My silly putty was very loveable this weekend.  He peppered me with lots of smooches, and he's now giving closed mouth smooches.  :)  He preferred to sit on my lap and play with his trucks or read his books.  I kind of felt bad for my husband as he tried to play with J, sometimes J just wanted to be with me.  But that's OK because I know there will be days where J will want nothing to do with me, so I soaked up all the cuddle time he and I had this weekend.

It was a typical New England spring weekend: rain, wind, cold temperatures.  Brrrr!  But we made due and did what we could.

He even tried mowing the lawn at Nana and Bumpa's house


But his favorite... I mean, absolutely favorite activity is coloring.  He jumps up and down at the thought of coloring.  How can I say 'no' to my silly putty??

Picking a page to color while visitng Nana and Bumpa

We even made it to a playground on Sunday but it was so windy, like hurricane wind... we could only manage to stay at the playground for 10 minutes.  There were a few other families at the playground with us.  But J didn't want to leave.  I felt so bad, he really enjoys playing on the shlieh (slide).  "Next time, we'll come back another day"... but J was still sad.  My heart broke so we went to an indoor playground, (*cringe*) at McDonald's... and of course the slides were for older kids.  But we sat in the play area and watched the other kids play while we ate lunch.

What I'll remember most of my Mother's Day weekend is how much my 17 month old son wanted to spend time with his Mama.  He was always looking for my lap, looking to give me a smooch, and looking for some extra cuddle time on the couch or rocking chair.  I soaked it up and my heart melted like butter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish