Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Baking gone sour

Did you ever get really excited about trying a new recipe?  Something from scratch?  I'm sure I'm not the only one here.  It happened to me last night. 

I had a recipe for biscuits and was really excited to try them out last night since the baking time was 10 minutes.  I hadn't thought much about dinner but so far, I knew we'd have fresh, fluffy, homemade biscuits! 

When I search for recipes online, I like to write the ones I like down so I can save it in my own handwriting (instead of printing it out).  It makes me feel like it's more authentic that way, even though I just copied it from some website.  But this way, it makes me feel like I can tweek it if I want to and make it my own. 

There was a small problem last night because of my handwritten recipe.  Instead of writing baking powder, I wrote baking soda.  Well, you can only imagine how things turned out: sour

I made 12 biscuits.  And they were so gross I couldn't even look at them and unfortunately I left them on the baking sheet on top of my stove overnight.  There they were this morning staring back at me.  I had thought about taking a picture to share here, but why.  Why would I do that to you. 

They really smelled good baking too.  My husband came out and was wondering what was baking with that amazing smell.  We both ate a biscuit but the tang and bitterness of the baking soda ruined the whole batch.  But I am determined to create this batch again using the proper ingredients and share the results with my family.  It just has to be different the second time around!

1 comment:

  1. On Sunday I tweeted my way through a failed crock pot recipe. Got lots of good advice, but ended up throwing it out and ordering pizza anyways. I can ruin anything!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish