Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Waste Less Wednesday

It's Wednesday and that means we're getting our trash picked up today!  I always feel a small sense of cleansing on Wednesdays even though our garbage collects in a corner next to our basement door.  But I often have a debate with myself as my trash piles up, was there something I could have spared from the garbage man and given it away on Freecycle?


Freecycle is an online organization where local communities can post items from their home and Offer to potential Takers... for FREE.  Once an Offer is posted, you have the opportunity to contact the owner and request the item(s) they are offering.  If you are the first person to respond, you win!  I find a lot of potential frustration for these posts is that many Takers do not arrive at the designated pick up spot to collect their new treasures.  I've seen multiple offerings for items that have been posted over the course of a few weeks.  Some of the items offered have been old magazines (for the craftier folks), empty baby food jars, appliances, toys, clothes, doors, furniture, and office supplies. 

If you have not used a service like Freecycle, I encourage you to check it out.  If anything, it may help eliminate the amount of 'stuff' you leave on your curb for the garbage man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish