Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Waste Less Wednesday--In Bullk

Do you buy in bulk?  We have a club warehouse and I try to stock up from their store when it's appropriate for our life style.  However, when I see sales in the grocery stores for products that we use are on sale for pennies, I opt to purchase the sale items.  Stock piling is a great way to buy sale items but I'm sure this isn't the smartest choice since we're trying to eliminate waste, but sometimes my wallet speaks louder.

With that said, I really am going to try and make a better effort at buying in bulk.  Our local club offers coupons, both in-store and online.  The in-store coupons come in the mail and they can be combined with manufacturer coupons to receive a bigger savings.  It's great to be able to bulk up but sometimes some of the items expire before they are used.  And with our small family, it can be easy to lose sight of those expiration dates.

As one site identifies, it might be a good option to split the purchases with a neighbor or friend.  That way nothing goes bad and you may even be able to buy other products that you wouldn't normally buy if you were the only consumer.

So do you have a stock pile?  Do you purchase from club warehouses or do you belong to a CSA?  I'm not involved with a CSA but do have a membership to a club warehouse.  I do not like the fact that I stock up on paper products but for now, it's what we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish