Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Thursday, March 11, 2010

My adamant little helper

Note to self:  Acknowledge the positive acts.

My silly putty likes to help me, a lot.  He likes to help clean the tray on his high chair by handing me all the food particles he doesn't want to eat.  If I'm not prepared to accept these offerings they'll end up on the floor.  He knows this is not where they go, but apparently I'm the one that needed to be there in the first place. 

We have a gas stove.  My silly putty likes to help me turn the knobs when their not being use, or if they are being used.  Typically these knobs are fun to touch when I'm making dinner.  He's Mummy's big helper of course. 

We have a cat, Marble.  Last night I put food in the cats dish and told my silly putty to let Marble know his dinner is ready.  "Bahble, eshis ihes hisls eety"  My silly putty likes to help feed Marble even though he's already been fed.  This morning he took one of the cans of food and placed it in the cats dish.  "Thank you hunny but the kitty doesn't need food right now, lets put that away to clean up."  He responds in a sing-song, "Eeen ah, eeen ah"  (His version of our song on Clean Up, Clean Up, Everybody Clean Up).

Playing with Marble's can food

Yes, my silly putty may not fully understand when help is needed but I know he means well and I let him help me as much as possible.  He's still only 15 months so I try to explain (age appropriately) why things don't need to be done at the moment.  But I can see his motivation and there will be a time when I won't have a good argument for not doing something.  Sometimes the rules will need bending, I can accept that.  I cannot wait.
It's hard to say No to this face

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish