Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Friday, March 26, 2010

No poo - Week 2

It's now 2 weeks since no poo'ing and I still have no regrets.  My hair feels softer and easier to manage.  I do use the ACV rinse every day and baking soda rinse every 3rd day.

This week I noticed some changes and have been finding white crumbs coming out of my hair.  I don't mean food, it's more like white little sand pebbles.  It doesn't happen too often but it's been happening enough that I've noticed how weird it is to find it.  Could it be soap residue from my scalp?  Or is it dandruff?  I have never dealt with dandruff but I would assume that would be more flaky.  My hair feels very moisturized, not oily. 

Prior to using baking soda I was using Dr. Bronner's in my hair but found that would dry out my hair even more and was needing two conditioners in my hair.  After trying two types of leave-in conditioners, I was very disappointed because they only left my hair feeling stiff and clumpy.  I usually don't use extra hair products, just the usual wash/rinse routine.

So when I read the benefits of using the ACV rinse I was intrigued to see how my hair would react.  The rinse truely softens my hair.  As for my natural leave-in conditioners, they are sitting in my linen closet amongst the other products I no longer use.  It's quite sad really, the amount of money I was dishing out for something that wasn't right for my hair.  Maybe I'll need it, maybe not.  I know I'm not ready to get rid of them though, I'm not sure why.  That fear factor of someday I'll need it, but will I really?

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're doing no poo, too!

    I haven't been able to skip a day, but I also haven't tried just the vinegar rinse. Maybe I will give that a go.

    I will also say that I have heard of some people getting more dandruff with no poo. I haven't had dandruff really, either, though, so I can't comment on what you're seeing. But I guess it is a possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, do you know how others are handling the dandruff? I feel like my scalp is moisturized and wouldn't think it's dry. I would think after 3 days of not using the baking soda rinse my scalp would have enough oils on it to take care of any dandruff.

    I'll have to look into that more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you have dandruff or dry scalp instead of paying for expensive shampoos and matching conditioners mix baking soda with your shampoo about 3-4 times a week it has made a huge improvement in my hair.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish