Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's a Colbie Caillet kind of day

The weather has been in the 60's and I'm driving around in my CR-V with the sunroof open and listening to Colbie Caillet.  I forgot how her voice reminds me of summer time.  I love the summer.  I crave the warm sunshine or even humid weather.  I get giddy just thinking about how close we are to summer.

It was late summer of 2008 when I was 7 or 8 months pregnant with J and I was listening to Colbie's Coco album.  #12: Capri was on and the lyrics caught my ear.  I'm usually not one to listen to lyrics, I'm not sure why, but my ears gravitate towards the melodies and beats of the music.  But Capri captured my full attention and would sometimes become very emotional about the music.  It's such a sweet lulliby kind of song and when I heard it again the other day, all those emotions came back. 

Today marks my sons 16 month birthday.  Happy Birthday my silly putty!

Capri
She's got a baby inside
And holds her belly tight
All through the night
Just so she knows
She's sleeping so
Safely to keep
Her growing
And oh when she'll open her eyes
There'll be no surprise
That she'll grow to be
So beautifully
Just like her mother
That's carrying
Oh Capri
She's beauty
Baby inside she's loving
Oh Capri
She's beauty
There is and angel growin' peacefully
Oh Capri
Sweet baby
And things will be hard at times
But I've learned to try
Just listening
Patiently, oh Capri
Sweet baby
Oh Capri
She's beauty
Baby inside she's loving
Oh Capri
Your beauty
Just like your mother
That's carrying... Oh Capri

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish