Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Monday, March 1, 2010

The Black Echo: The Harry Bosch Series by Michael Connelly

I usually don't read books like this one, but I took a chance at reading something different.  Something with a little more action than what I am used to.  I do enjoy watching drama series on prime time television from time to time.  So I figured I would try reading something similar.
The Harry Bosch series found me one day while I was skimming through CNN online.  I wouldn't have gone to CNN to read up on books, but this particular article was about how his story, Nine Dragons, came to life.  This was how Michael Connelly was introduced to me, but Nine Dragons was #15 in the series.  I had a lot of catching up to do!

So I started with #1: The Black Echo


Harry Bosch is a detective for the LAPD and in this story he discovers an old friend from Vietnam was murdered and found in a city tunnel.  How and why he got there was the question.  As Harry uncovered more facts the story developed into something he had never imagined.

Elenor Wish is with the FBI and was on the case for other reasons, like bank robbery.  But it had all linked to the man found dead in the tunnel. 

Harry & Elenor came to be partners in this investigation, and what happens, well, you'll have to read it.  It seemed kind of predictable but the ending was anything but. 

Will the Black Echo haunt Harry Bosch in future series?  He talks about the nightmares from his Vietnam experience but will have to wait and see what happens next!

Book #2: The Black Ice...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish