Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Soapy Business--Almond Soap

It's been a while since I talked about soap.  I recently finished up the Goatmeal Soap and now I'm using a bar from Sappo Hill.

I received this bar as a thank you from Sappo Hill.  After I found their product in a local market, I went on their website to find other locations in my area.  Come to find out, they didn't have anything listed in my state.  In fact, New Hampshire wasn't even an option.  So I sent an email and asked them about it.  After a quick response and an apology, they updated their records and added the store to their database. 

I couldn't wait to try the almond bar and found myself trying to hurry through my goatmeal so I could open my new soap.  The soap from Sappo Hill was wrapped in plastic.  I should note here that in my local store the soap is not wrapped in plastic.  In fact there is no wrapping at all, except for the cardboard box the bars sit in. 

After letting the water run over the bar, I swirled the bar round and round in my hands to create a lather.  I was not disappointed and found this rich, creamy lather oozed almond and it actually reminded me of sugar cookies.  I wonder if they were to add granulated sugar to this mixture it could feel like a lovely scrub for exfoliating.  However, this soft creamy lather was bubbling on my skin and I could have lathered it on my body 2 or 3 more times. 

The rinse made me feel clean and I didn't feel squeaky clean like some soaps have made me feel in the past.  But I didn't feel like I had soap residue either.  I probably could have gotten away with not using a moisturizer afterwards, but with the dry winter weather my skin has been requiring a little something extra to help out.  (I'll talk about that in a later post)

I'm not sure of the other scents from Sappo Hill but I can say I am not disappointed in their almond bar.  On a scale of 1 to 5 bubbles, I rate this soap 5 bubbles!

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to check back for soap reviews. I am hoping to make my own someday. I have tried Sappo Hill and should go back to using it again.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish