Set your goals high but not your expectations. ~Dove

Friday, March 19, 2010

Dreaming of mice!

Not real mice of course.  The mice I'm thinking about is Mickey & Minnie Mouse! 

First of all, if you've never been to Walt Disney World.  I'm sorry.  Really, I am. 

Second of all, if you have been to WDW, then you may be jealous to know that we're planning our trip for next September, 2011!  Yes, I know.  It's a LONG ways away.  But we're planning on going with family.  By family, I mean our mothers.  Grandma & Nana are going to be a part of J's first experience with Disney World, and we're going to take the trip at his pace.  We're really looking forward to that part.

My husband and I have been to Disney a few times together.  I went twice as a child at 5 and 10 years old.  He went once when he was 10.  When we started dating we visited all the theme parks and did it all.  I mean, everything.  We were sore and tired by the end of the day.  But we had a blast.


Me and my husband, May 2004

The second time we went, I was 8 weeks pregnant.  I was extremely tired from the pregnancy and had many food aversions.  Not a very good time to be in a magical place like WDW.  We still had fun, but I was skeptical about riding all the big rides.  I love all the rides at Disney, and I normally don't get queezy on them.  But this visit was different.  The biggest thrill ride I went on was Tower of Terror.  My belly was doing flip flops after that.  So our visit was taken at a much slower pace.  I would need to sit and rest after walking for long periods.


April 2008 and 8 weeks pregnant.


April 2008 and we rented the sea-doo on Cresent Lake at the Board Walk.

I'll be excited to be at Disney, not pregnant and feeling sick.  But not only that, I'll be at Disney with my son.  He already loves Mickey and knows all the other characters from the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  By September of 2011 he'll be 34 months and I'm pretty sure he'll understand what is going on.  I know his memeories won't last, but we'll take care of that part.  This will be our big vacation with him before we start planning on baby #2.  That's the other thing that is really exciting.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Remove~Restore~Rebalance~Replenish